The release of Apophysis plugin I've been working on. Finally.
This variation is used for cropping (obviously). Works somewhat similar to crop, circlecrop, hexcrop and cropn. But has more options for defining the shape.
Make sure to remove any "smartcrop_alpha", "smartcrop" or "post_smartcrop" plugins before installing this one. "cropn" and "cropn2" may also be replaced.
Here's short description of variables:power
The number shape's angles.
* Negative values cause inner part to be cropped instead of outer part.
* Values from -2 through 2 work as radial crop. Just check how it works.
(radius, distortion and rounding variables have no effect in this mode)radius
The size of cropped shape.
* Negative values cause inner part to be cropped instead of outer part.roundstr
Strength of rounding.
* At value 1 makes angles perfectly round. Others just give fun results. roundwidth
Width of rounding.
* Higher values make corners to be rounded more "roughly"
* Works only if roundstr variable is other than 0
tip: experiment with different roundwidth and roundstr combinations for more fun results. distortion
Exponential distortion of the shape (works somewhat similar to julian's dist variable).
* The value of 0 forms the circle. Works faster.edge
Makes the shape's borders "smoother".
* Works best with post_scrop_mode 2 (explained lower).scatter
Scatters the cropped pixels. Similar to scatter variable of crop and circlecrop.
* Independent of radius variable. Will work even with radius=0offset
"Shifts" the cropped pixels off the shape border.
* Works better with scatter and edge other than 0.
* Works best with post_scrop_static=1 (explained lower)cropmode
Defines the placement of cropped pixels:
0. Cropped pixels are placed on point with x=0, y=0.
* Works best with post_scrop_static=1 (explained lower)
1. (default) Cropped pixels are placed on shape's border (in a similar to crop or circlecrop way).2
. Cropped pixels are "scattered" among the uncropped ones. Thus making them "disappear".
* One of the most fun parts of the plugin.
* edge variable should be used in this mode 'cause otherwise it looks similar to post_scrop_scatter
* May cause color loss in Apo 2.09 (not in 7x).static
Defines which part of the shape may be affected by other variations:
* For example, if you have one xForm with blur=0.1 and post_smartcrop=1 then only the area defined with static variable will be blurred.
-1. Only inner (not cropped) part is affected by other variations.
0. Both inner and outer parts are affected.
1. Only outer (cropped) part is affected.
2. The variation works as "post_". i.e is applied after all other ones.
tip: the plugin works faster the less variables you use.
Enjoy. Let me know what you made using that plugin.
PS: Sorry. The preview .flame requires shredrad2 plugin to be viewed. I'll release it in a few days.*updated
Removed chaotica version. It didn't work somewhy.
Added example.flame with similar params to preview but with shredrad instead of shredrad2